Week Four Blues

Just about everyone else in the class had their mental breakdown blog post last week, so I decided now would be a great time to have mine! I was still feeling pretty energized and positive last week, but this week seems to be extremely long. It is only Wednesday! It feels like it has already been a week and a half, but it has only been three days since this week started!

I woke up on Tuesday for my musical theater dance styles class, and didn't want to get out of bed. However, I thought to myself "At least it is Thursday! I only have to survive two more days!" It wasn't until parking before going into Taft that I realized I only had survived one day of the week and that I had not two, but FOUR more days to survive. 

I think we are at the point of the semester where we start getting busy in our classes and it can feel easy to begin to feel overwhelmed and extra stressed out. I've started getting more homework in my classes at this point. I've been very good about staying on top of my homework this semester, but the feeling of constantly doing something and not having much time to rest is starting to weigh on me.

I just need to keep reminding myself how lucky I am to be back at college when so many of my friends went back virtually and so many colleges who started at the same time as Ohio Northern have had to shut down. I am so grateful to be taking my voice lessons, dance classes and acting classes in person again after such a long period of nothingness. I need to keep this in mind when I am feeling super tired or stressed out because of the pressures of the semester. This is my last year of training and I need to soak it all in the very best I can. Just breathe, Matthew.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Field Trip to Cleveland

Track Workouts for Week Six

Tech Week and I'm Tired