Actor's Website

This week I had to start working on a website for my business of theatre class. It is supposed to serve as a portfolio of my work as a singer, actor and dancer. I started building my website on Squarespace and ended up having a lot of fun. 

Building this website reminded me of what we are doing for our clients in class. I am able to take some of the principles we are learning to sell myself as a performer and what I have to offer in a professional and creative way. 

I had to recognize that my key audience is casting directors and provide them a portfolio of my work which is chic, clean and not overwhelming to navigate. Furthermore, I determined my social media voice should be mostly professional on the website, but I would allow myself to show a little more of my individuality in my about section.

It took me a lot of time to put together because I had to sift through so many production photos to find high quality ones to show me off in a good light. I also have blanks on my website where I'll put my new headshots once I get them done by the photographer ONU's Theater Department brings in every October. I also want to add videos of me singing and acting in the media section, but otherwise I am super happy with how it is turning out.

One of my favorite parts of my website is the logo I made by signing my name on a transparent page on my iPad. It looks sexy at the top of my page!

Check it out and give me some feedback! www.matthewjbrightbill.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Field Trip to Cleveland

Track Workouts for Week Six

Tech Week and I'm Tired