Tech Week and I'm Tired


I simply do not want to be typing this blog post. I'm doing it because I am almost at a 90% in this class and I don't want to lose an easy ten points by simply neglecting an assignment. Instead of ignoring my blogging responsibility for the week, I decided to use this time to write about not wanting to do it in the first place, as this is all I can think about right now. How meta of me to write this blog post about not wanting to write one at all!

I am currently on a break during my last rehearsal for "Blocked!" The show opens tomorrow, and both casts are rehearsing tonight and running the show one last time. The show is double cast because there are only four characters in the show and the department wanted more than four people to get an opportunity to perform. 

Tech week is the week where all the technical aspects are introduced to a show. Usually these aspects include lights, sound, the orchestra, costumes, hair, makeup, etc. However, for our online show, the actors use prerecorded tracks to sing along to which they cue up and play from their computer. Also, there is no crazy lighting in this show because they are playing four teenagers in their bedrooms. The biggest hurdle of tech week for this show was designing the fake social media site, "Agora," where the characters meet each other and interact. 

The technical theatre department was able to create "Agora," with a tool called "OBS Ninja," and it ended up looking really cool! It as just been a long and tough week for me because for the past seven days I have had five hours worth of rehearsal as the assistant director. The cast members only had to be there every other day. Lucky them! I'm tired and my body hurts!

I am excited for this week to end so I can have my life back and time to myself again! Thanks for reading another rant blog post! I'll try to make next week's NOT about how hard school is at this point of the semester. 

Comments

  1. I totally feel this. Aggie probably gets tired of reading countless blog posts about how much this semester sucks, but there isn't anything much more interesting going on in my life right now. I'm so happy I just finished my last blog post EVER! Anyways, congrats on being the assistant director of "Blocked!" The fake "Agora" app sounds so cool. I will miss your rant blog posts and funny comments in class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Field Trip to Cleveland

Track Workouts for Week Six