Blocked!

 

Next weekend Ohio Northern University's first online musical premieres. The show is called "Blocked!" and was written specifically for Zoom by Ben Wexler. It isn't as cringeworthy as other streamed shows because the characters embrace the online platform instead of ignoring it and pretending they're all in the same room together.

I will be making my assistant directing debut with this show. I have helped shape the show from the beginning and coach the two casts with their songs and scenes to get them in the best shape possible. I have always wanted to get into directing and this experience has been so wonderful! Just the other night when I sent my notes via email to the casts I told them how wonderful it has been to see them take the notes I have been giving them and embodying them. A couple of them wrote back and told me how great it has been having me be a part of the production. "All of your notes are so smart and I'm really grateful for them, so I just wanted to thank you," said senior musical theatre major, Emily Estep, who plays Nadia in the show.

I encourage you all to check out our show! It is only an hour long and only costs $5 per device to see a live performance. You could get a group of five people together to watch and you would all only have to chip in $1! When I first read the script I thought it was going to be cheesy, but these students have really worked hard to give this show a lot of heart and layers.

Check out this link on my website to see a description of the show and find tickets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend Field Trip to Cleveland

Track Workouts for Week Six

Tech Week and I'm Tired